This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
I have been speaking with many customers over the last 2 months about the new Employee Experience platform that is Microsoft Viva. One of the prime areas of interest has been around Microsoft Viva Connections. Viva Connections delivers next generation Intranet to employees where they work, in Microsoft Teams the single pane of glass for getting work done. However, many of the organizations I have talked to are intimidated by the process of standing up that single point of entry, often compiling lengthy list of requirements. This is where the starting philosophy of less is more and the Rule of Five can help.
In this video I talk through using the rule of Five to deliver a modern, clean, engaging, Intranet home within Viva connections, today.
- Components in the Rule of Five: SharePoint Mega Menu, News, Events, Personal Content (My Feed), Apps.
- SharePoint look book (microsoft.com) Get started with a sample home to leverage in Viva like The Landing.
- Your intranet – from start to never finished – by Mark Kashman – The KashBox (substack.com)
- Viva Connections welcomes new partners and opens developer preview – Microsoft Tech Community
- Introducing Microsoft Viva Connections – Events | Microsoft Docs
- Announcing upcoming Microsoft Viva Connections public developer preview – Microsoft 365 Developer Blog
- Resources for Setting Up Viva Topics and Viva Connections (microsoft.com)
- Set Up a Free Microsoft 365 Developer Subscription Then Start Hands on With Viva Connections – HLS Show Me How
- Setting Up Microsoft Viva Connections Step by Step – HLS Show Me How
- Leveraging Virtual Tours Inside of Viva Connections for Back to Work Scenarios – HLS Show Me How (microsoft.com)
- Leverage Rich Media in Microsoft Viva Connections – HLS Show Me How
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.