This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
The SharePoint PnP Community monthly call is our general monthly review of the latest SharePoint and Microsoft 365 PnP topics (news, tools, extensions, features, capabilities, content and training), engineering priorities and community recognition for Developers, IT Pros and Makers. This monthly community call happens on the second Tuesday of each month. You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/sp-call.
If you’re looking at this blog post, then you are at the new Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub at Microsoft Tech Communities! Please take a moment to look around. The Microsoft 365 Update – Community (PnP) | March 2021is available. In this call, the Top 10 developer and non-developer entries in UserVoice are reviewed and top engineering priorities identified.
Your votes do influence engineering priorities. You are invited to attend the growing list of Sharing is Caring events. Register today. In Episode 117 of PnP Weekly tools and approaches for simplifying the move from Classic to Modern, on-prem to cloud were discussed. Why Modern? Well, one reason – Viva capabilities like the one that will be demonstrated today are available only in Modern. Testing of SPFx v1.12 is on the final stretch. Release expected any day.
Thank you to the 200 + active contributors and organizations actively participating in this PnP Community during February. You are truly amazing. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) @vesajuvonen. Q&A took place in the chat throughout the call.
Demo: Getting started with Microsoft Viva Topics – system and tools to help customers manage knowledge within their organizations through a conscious AI assisted strategy of connecting people and actionable knowledge. Content is ultimately rendered through the Topic web part. Topics along with aligned content and SMEs are initially discovered through AI algorithms, then confirmed and curated by humans. Topics draws on capabilities from across Microsoft and can be extended by you.
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events
- First Time Contributor Session – March 22nd (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – March
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – March 10th
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – March 11th
- PnP – AMA (Ask Me Anything) – SPFx Samples Edition – March 9th
- First Time Presenter – March 24th
- More than Code with VSCode – March 23rd
- Maturity Model Practitioners – March 16th
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/sp-call.
This call was delivered on Tuesday, March 9, 2021. The call agenda is reflected below with direct links to specific sections. You can jump directly to a specific topic by clicking on the topic’s timestamp which will redirect your browser to that topic in the recording published on the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube Channel.
- UserVoice status for non-dev focused SharePoint entries – 4:10
- UserVoice status for dev focused SharePoint Framework entries – 5:08
- SharePoint community update with latest news and roadmap – 8:57
- Community contributors and companies which have been involved in the past month – 10:40
- Demo: Getting started with Microsoft Viva Topics – Naomi Moneypenny (Microsoft) | @nmoneypenny – 14:26
The full recording of this session is available from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel – http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos.
- Presentation slides used in this community call are found at OneDrive.
Additional resources on covered topics and discussions.
Documentation – Set up Microsoft Viva Topics
Overview – Microsoft Viva
Documentation – Microsoft Search Graph Content Connectors
- PnP Weekly – Episode 117 with guest Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @o365bert | video | podcast
- Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast – March 8, 2021, with guest Stephan Bisser (Solvion) | @stephanbisser | podcast
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- PnP Weekly – Videos
- PnP Weekly – Podcasts
- M365 Community Documentation – (non-dev)
- SharePoint Documentation and Guidance – (technical)
- SharePoint Framework v1.11
- SharePoint Framework v1.11 release notes
- Exploring how to get started on open-source and community work?
- SharePoint Starter Kit
- Recurrent invite to SharePoint Development monthly calls – http://aka.ms/spdev-call
- SharePoint Developer documentation – http://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint Development Issues – http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint GitHub organization – http://github.com/SharePoint
- SharePoint Development UserVoice – new feature requests – http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
Upcoming calls | Recurrent invites:
- Office add-in monthly call – March 10th at 8 AM PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- SharePoint Framework call – March 11th at 07:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – March 11th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Microsoft Teams monthly call – March 16th at 8:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/microsoftteamscommunitycall
- Power Apps monthly call – March 17th at 8:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- M365 General Dev call – March 18th at 07:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Microsoft Graph call – April 6th at 8:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/microsoftgraphcall
- SharePoint monthly call – April 13th at 08:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/sp-call
“Too many links, can’t remember” – not a problem… just one URL is enough for all Microsoft 365 community topics – http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 10th of March 2021
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.