This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
This month’s community call features presentations on Excel JS API v1.13 updates, PowerPoint ribbon updates, UX changes for Outlook add-ins on the web and Discussion on building for the Microsoft 365 ecosystem. Discussion focused on ways Microsoft can help developers to be more successful building on the M365 ecosystem. 9 enabling components of a M365 Customer Success Developer Journey were presented. This month’s Community spotlight recognizes MVP Maarten van Stam. Thank you! Q&A in chat throughout call. The call was hosted by David Chesnut (Microsoft). Microsoft Presenters include: Raymond Lu, Lillian Liu, Hitesh Manwar, Nikhil Verma, Ying Hao. Recorded on March 10, 2021.
Excel JS API v1.13 updates – Excel APIs are in Preview today, targeting GA release in July. The APIs are presently available in Script lab, include Dependent, Workbook, Range/Table, Event, Pivot Layout and Table style. Quick demos today on Range/Table APIs. Feedback on preview APIs requested.
PowerPoint ribbon updates – available in Office Online week of March 15th, Desktop and Mac in May+. New features shown – Allowing native controls, Setting tab location (to any location you want), and Setting focus for a tab. All functions accomplished in manifest with new elements.
UX changes for Outlook add-ins on the web – whenever an Admin installs an add-in, the user will now see a one-time nudge informing them that a new item has been installed and prompts the user to customize the settings as necessary. UX changes release to OWA commercial users April 2021.
Discussion on building for the Microsoft 365 ecosystem – focused on how Microsoft can help developers to be more successful with M365 ecosystem. 9 enabling components of a M365 Customer Success Developer Journey shown. Join the ongoing discussion at M365 Customer Success Platform Panel
- Documentation – Integrate built-in Office buttons into custom control groups and tabs
- Documentation – Position a custom tab on the ribbon
- Join – Microsoft Customer Success Platform – User Research Panel to be part of M365 customer success platform panel and share your challenges/ideas on M365 adoption & success. Also you may email the presenters from the Customer Success Engineering Team directly – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Recurrent Invite – https://aka.ms/officeaddinscommunitycall
- Link to all Microsoft Developer Community calls – https://aka.ms/M365DevCalls
- Submit questions for next community call – https://aka.ms/officeaddinsform
General Resources: (referenced in every call, blog post only):
- Office Developer Community help: https://developer.microsoft.com/office (Office-js-docs-pr, PnP-OfficeAddins)
- Office Add-ins documentation | aka.ms/office-add-ins-docs
- Office Scripts | aka.ms/office-scripts-docs
- Microsoft 365 Developer Program | https://aka.ms/M365devprogram
- Script Lab | https://aka.ms/getscriptlab
- Office Add-ins documentation | https://aka.ms/office-add-ins-docs
- Stack Overflow (questions) | https://stackoverflow.com (office-js, outlook-web-addins, office-scripts)
- GitHub (issues) | https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js
- UserVoice (feature requests) | https://officespdev.uservoice.com
Stay connected – (all groups) (Blog and YouTube posts)
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.