This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
Welcome back to the monthly wrap-up of our HLS blog: October edition. From recorded and upcoming webcasts to industry best practices, we had a lot of activity last month. Check out the summaries and links below!
- Physicians Predictive Model Development for Individuals and Patient Specific Interventions – Microsoft + Innovacer: In this HLS Partner Plays webcast recording, Innovacer‘s Mike Sutten covers the current the current state of unified patient records, CMS interoperability regulations, advanced technologies leveraged in the healthcare ecosystem and more. Check it out here.
- HLS Security Monthly with Scott: The HLS Security Monthly features Microsoft’s Scott Murray covers relevant enterprise security topics. In the second episode, Microsoft’s Scott Murray and Jeremy Windmiller touch on some of the security highlights from Ignite. Watch it here.
- Finding the Right Meeting Solution for Your Workspace with Poly: All of our workspaces are in the midst of drastic change, whether it involves coming back to the office, working from home, or planning for the future. Microsoft Technical Specialists Pete and Sam brought in speakers from Microsoft’s trusted partner Poly to discuss best practices for organizations. Click here for the recording and resources.
- Driving Collaboration in the Evolving Healthcare Workplace with Microsoft, Kinly & Pexip: How do you keep employees engaged while optimizing your collaboration strategy? Microsoft, Kinly and Pexip hosted a virtual live event to help you reduce complexity, improve productivity, and build a future-proof strategy for today’s evolving workplace. Learn more here.
- Voice of #HealthcareCloud – Operational & Process Improvements with M365: Watch as Microsoft’s Eden Porsangi and Alfred Ojukwu showcase creative solutions regarding virtual huddle boards, managing capacity, bed planning and staffing.
- The COVID Aftermath – How AI is helping get patients back into the right care setting, offset the impact of deferred care and reduce financial loss: This pandemic has exacerbated an already fragile healthcare system. On Wednesday, November 5th from 1-2 PM EST, Angela Adams (National VP, Growth and Enablement at Jvion) will talk through a unique opportunity for payers and providers to rebuild their organizations around value and efficiency using AI. More details here.
- Price Transparency and Touchless Intake – Empowering Patients and Delivering Opportunity to Providers: During this live webcast on November 11th at 1 PM EST, Natalie Lawrence from Change Healthcare will discuss the CMS price transparency rule and how to leverage it to your benefit, as well as how providers are implementing touchless processes for patient intake. Click here for more information.
Healthcare Industry Expert Posts:
- Kate Judge, the American Nurses Foundation Executive Director, Discusses the ANA Well Being Initiative: In this podcast, Microsoft’s National Director of US Health Providers and Plans Molly McCarthy and American Nurses Foundation Executive Director Kate Judge discuss the ANA’s Well Being Initiative, a multi-tiered approach to help nurses build resilience, take advantage of available resources, and utilize new technologies to survive the pandemic. Watch and learn.
Best Practice Resources:
- Microsoft Security Matters Newsletter – October 2020 – Jeremy Windmiller, Enterprise Security Architect: Jeremy has been providing a newsletter to customers that consolidates resources for Microsoft Security Products and Services. Check out the post-Ignite October newsletter.
- Proactive Messaging in Microsoft Teams from Healthcare Bot Service: Do you need to send push notifications to nudge users to take an assessment or reply to a questionnaire? The Proactive Scenario API in Healthcare Bot service allows you to initiate a scenario proactivately, and Microsoft’s Senior Solutions Architect, Nikita Pitliya, takes us step-by-step through the configuration here.
- Monitoring O365 Service Status with Azure Sentinel: A common ask across healthcare organizations has been, “How can I better proactively monitor the status of O365?”. Microsoft’s Principal Cybersecurity Technical Specialist Tony Sims walks us through best practices around finding relevant service status information in O365 and Azure. Screenshots and details here.
- Genome Aggregation Database (gnomAD) – Now available on Azure Open Datasets: The world’s largest public collection of human genetic variation, gnomAD brings together data from numerous large-scale sequencing projects, including population and disease-specific genetic studies. Now that this dataset is now accessible on Azure at no cost, Microsoft’s Principal PM Jer-Ming Chia explains what’s included and how to access the data here.
October’s HLS Blog Contributors:
Claire Bonaci, Director, Business Development, Health and Life Sciences
Michael Gannotti, Principal Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Jeremy Windmiller, Microsoft Senior Technical Specialist, Security and Compliance
Vasu Sharma, Microsoft Customer Success Manager
Shelly Avery, Senior Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Scott Murray, Microsoft Senior Technical Specialist, Microsoft Cybersecurity
Nikita Pitliya, Microsoft Senior Solutions Architect
Tony Sims, Microsoft Principal Cybersecurity Technical Specialist
Jer-Ming Chia, Microsoft Azure Compute Principal Program Manager
Thanks for reading and let us know how else our Microsoft team can help!
Sam Brown, Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.