This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from June 24, 2021.
Summer break and community call schedule updates reviewed. Preview the new Microsoft 365 Extensibility look book gallery. Looking to get started with Microsoft Teams development? Don’t miss out on our Teams samples gallery (updated sample browser in June), and the new Microsoft 365 tenant – script samples gallery – scripts for PowerShell and CLIs. Sign up and attend one of a growing list of events hosted by Sharing is Caring this month. Announced PnP Recognition Program. Check out the new PnP Teams Quickstart. Latest updates on PnP projects covered off. Added Teams SSO Provider, sample and other components to Microsoft Graph Toolkit (MGT) v.2.2.0 GA.
Open-source project status: (Bold indicates new this call)
|PnP .NET Libraries – PnP Framework||v1.5.0 GA||Version 1.6.0 – Summer 2021|
|PnP .NET Libraries – PnP Core SDK||v1.2.0 GA||Version 1.3.0 – Summer 2021|
|PnP PowerShell||v1.6.0 GA|
|Yo teams – generator-teams||v3.2.0 GA||v3.3.0 Preview soon|
|Yo teams – yoteams-build-core||v1.2.0 GA, v1.2.1 Preview|
|Yo teams – yoteams-deploy||v1.1.0 GA|
|Yo teams – msteams-react-base-component||v3.1.0|
|Microsoft Graph Toolkit (MGT)||v2.2.0 GA||Added Teams SSO Provider in Preview|
Additionally, 1 new Teams samples were delivered in the last 2 weeks. Great work! The host of this call was David Warner II (Catapult Systems) | @DavidWarnerII. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- First Time Contributor Session – June 29th (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – TBD
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – TBD
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – June 24th
- Ask Me Anything – Teams Dev – July 13th
- First Time Presenter – June 30th
- More than Code with VSCode – TBD
- Maturity Model Practitioners – 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – http://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Microsoft Teams Development Samples: (https://aka.ms/TeamsSampleBrowser)
Azure Communication Services (ACS) – Teams InterOp with Call Routing – Sathya Raveendran (Microsoft), Saikrishna Neeli & Arun Kumar Anaparthi (Zen3 Infosolutions)
Thank you for joining for today’s PnP Community call. It’s a full house!
Demos delivered in this session
Getting started with PnP Teams QuickStart – create a Teams SSO tab in 15 minutes using browser-based Codespaces currently in preview. Follow presenter as he creates a new Teams tab, registers it in Azure AD, accesses Graph for presence courtesy of Microsoft/Teamsfx js library, deploys app in App Store, and deletes app when done. PnP Teams Quick Start is based on GitHub Codespaces = your virtual machine in the cloud.
Our learnings from the AppSource submission for Microsoft Teams – a first timer documents the journey – a 7-step process going from idea to app in AppSource. Solid tips beyond the process that every product team should consider ranging from extension opportunities and testing to devices and post publishing maintenance. Prepare to fail gracefully and learn openly as the journey includes working closely with a Microsoft submissions team that’s completely interested in your success.
Getting started with Microsoft Graph Tag API for managing Microsoft Teams tagging – this presentation focuses on people centric tags used in Teams to categorize, to @mention and to start a chat. Teams makes it nearly effortless to create, manage and use tags to connect people and groups. New Beta APIs, available week of June 28th, address many tag management challenges – permissions, membership updates, tapping data that exists outside immediate org. Glimpse at what’s next.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- PnP .NET library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @O365bert – 7:47
- yo Teams updates – Wictor Wilén (Avanade) | @wictor – 9:45
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit updates – Beth Pan (Microsoft) | @beth_panx – 10:34
- Microsoft Teams Samples – Bob German (Microsoft) | @Bob1German – 12:14
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
Codespaces preview – https://github.com/codespaces
Github Repo – teams-quickstart
Documentation – Publish your app to the Microsoft Teams store
Documentation – Commercial marketplace certification policies
App – TagTeam
Documentation – teamworkTag resource type
- PnP Weekly – Episode 132 with Seattle-based Program Manager from OneDrive and SharePoint (ODSP) engineering – Nicole Woon (Microsoft) | @NovelNicole | video | podcast
- Microsoft 365 tenant – Script Samples Gallery | aka.ms/script-samples
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft 365 Extensibility look book gallery | aka.ms/m365/extensibility
- Microsoft Teams Samples Gallery | aka.ms/teams-samples
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2.2 | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | http://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video – Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- SharePoint Framework call – July 1st at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Office add-in monthly call – July 14th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- M365 General Dev call – July 8th at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – July 8th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Microsoft Identity Platform – July 15th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
- Power Apps monthly call – July 21st at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
General Microsoft 365 Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted at anyone who’s interested in the general Microsoft 365 development topics. This includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft – 25th of June 2021
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.