This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
I am very excited to announce to you the monthly M365 Government Community Call – a live(ish) call occurring the second Tuesday of every month led by and for the Government Community.
This monthly call will be based here, in the Microsoft PubSec Tech Community, will include six panelists covering the latest announcements for O365 GCC, GCC-H, and DOD tenants. While each month two slots will change based on topic and availability, it will be led by the following four community leaders:
- Jeremy Wood (@geekwithin), Director of Policy & Planning at the Millennium Challenge Corporation, Organizer of Microsoft 365 for Government DC Users Group
- Rima Reyes (@rimazima), Principal Program Manager for Government at Microsoft Teams Engineering
- Sarah Gilbert (@singingtech), Community Technical Manager Public Sector at Microsoft
- Jay Leask (@jayleask), Lead Modern Workplace Strategist at AvePoint Public Sector, Organizer at NOVA365 and Azure User Group
*Special thanks to the AvePoint Public Sector team who is managing our broadcast and providing all the wonderful graphics!!!
M365 Gov Community Call Notes
In our inaugural episode we tried to focus on Microsoft Ignite, but as the Government Community is used to, there were not a lot of GCC, GCC-H, or DOD announcements last week. So, after a brief “what was cool and exciting” segment (have you seen Mesh? or Viva? And yes, we’re assured Viva for GCC is … on the way), we moved on to Government News from February and March. Here’s a list of topics and some related links, to make sure you caught everything!
- Understanding Compliance
- History of M365 Government Cloud
- DFARS for DIB support
- Availability Zones
- Teams “What’s New for Gov”
- Apps in Teams Meetings for Gov
- 142 new FedRAMP High services
- When is AIP classic interface going to be deprecated in Gov?
- Information about CMMC Compliance Templates
M365 Gov Community Calendar
Also, as part of our monthly community call we aim to provide a list of DC-area or Government specific events to ensure you know what is happening in the community. See below for events through the end of March:
- March 11: IL5 Launch for Business Applications in DOD
- March 11: NOVA365 User Group hosts Maturity Model in M365
- March 11: SUGDC User Group hosts O365 Governace in Practice
- March 15: M365 for Government hosts Bots and Teams Apps in GCC
- March 18: Baltimore SharePoint User’s Group Monthly Meetup
- March 23: M365 Meetup for Gov hosts Power-Up M365 with the Power Platform
- March 25: NOVA365 User Group hosts Policy Management in Teams
- March 31: DC Azure User Group Monthly Meetup
Putting the “Community” in the Community Call
The M365 Gov Community Call is all about YOU – GCC, GCC-H, and DOD users in the Microsoft cloud, and we want to make sure you have a voice!
Monthly, second Tuesday, 11:30am Eastern
Each month we will release a new episode on the SECOND TUESDAY at 11:30am. These will go live on this M365 Gov Community Call playlist – make sure you subscribe to get notifications! And seriously, this is happening and this is YOUR CALL.
Have an event? Again, let us know and we’d be THRILLED to include you in our Community Events segment!
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.