This article was originally posted by the FTC. See the original article here.
National Consumer Protection Week (NCPW) 2022 is coming up next week, and we hope you’ll join some of the virtual events. NCPW is a time when the FTC joins with local, state, and national partners to bring you information and advice on scams, identity theft, and other consumer protection issues.
Here’s a preview of some events you can join — and share in your network — during NCPW, March 6-12, 2022.
- Follow the FTC on social media for quick, shareable consumer tips all week long.
Wednesday, March 9
Thursday, March 10
- Join NCPW Twitter chats on avoiding Coronavirus and imposter scams.
- 1pm EST: Join the Twitter chat in Spanish with @laFTC, @USAGovEspanol and @SeguroSocial. Follow the conversation by using hashtags #OjoConLasEstafas and #NCPW2022.
- 3pm EST: Join the Twitter chat in English with @FTC, @USAGov, @SocialSecurity. Follow the conversation by using hashtags #SlamTheScamChat and #NCPW2022.
- 1 pm EST: Join the FTC, CFPB, and Diverse Elders Coalition for a webinar about financial caregiving. You’ll learn about free resources to help caregivers and older adults plan for financial caregiving. We’ll also share information about how to spot, avoid, and report scams.
- 2 pm EST: Join the FTC, SAGE, and AARP’s Fraud Watch Network for a webinar about how to recover from fraud. This interactive discussion will highlight possible ways to recover money lost to scammers, as well as how to cope with the emotional impact of scams and fraud.
- 7pm EST: Join a Facebook Live with the FTC and the Social Security Administration’s (SSA’s) Office of the Inspector General. You’ll learn how to spot and avoid government impersonator scams. Please join and bring your questions!
For more information, and to get involved, check out ftc.gov/NCPW.
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.