This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
Based on the many requests from you, email notifications are now available for you to connect directly with coworkers on the work being tracked in Project. Your team members will get a notification once they have been assigned a task or have been added to a project.
How it works
To turn on notifications:
- To reach the Project Home, type project.microsoft.com in the Search box of your browser.
- Click the Settings icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Click the Notifications Settings link.
- Select the notification settings you want.
- Click the Done button.
Scenarios to try
Assign a task:
- In an existing shared project, create a task and assign it to one of your teammates.
- Within 10 seconds, your teammate should receive an email with links to take them directly to the project or assigned task.
Create a new project:
- Create a project normally in Project Home and assign a group to your project.
- Group members should get an email within 10 seconds, notifying them that they’ve been added to a new group. They can use the link in the email to directly open the project.
If you have feedback about this or any other feature, you can let us know, either in the comments of this blog post or through our in-app feedback button. To submit feedback through the in-app button, click on the smile icon in the ribbon in Project. This will display three feedback options through which you can submit feedback. Please be sure to include your email so we can reach out to you if we have any follow ups about your comment.
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.