This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
On Monday, February 1st, at 12 noon EST, Microsoft’s Gregory Lisiak and Nikita Pitliya covered the Microsoft COVID Vaccine Health Bot to assist organizations in implementing and leveraging the bot. Additionally, Microsoft’s Michael Gannotti, Samantha Brown, Mark Litwin, Pete Anello, and Patrick Miller joined to bring you the latest in Microsoft News, Events, and more.
Mid-Day Café is a new, weekly, fast paced, live web series by the HLS Group. Join us each Monday at 12 noon eastern. Check out the second episode, recorded below:
News in 2:
- Reimagine Care Delivery Developer Challenge: A Virtual Hackathon Recap
- Introducing WorkLab, a site focused on the future of work
Minecraft Releases Free Sustainability City Map: Inspired by Microsoft’s Sustainability Report
New year, new Microsoft Teams education features for your digital classroom
- Microsoft Teams 101 – Hospital Case Study: Want to learn practical tips on how to use Microsoft Teams effectively at your hospital? Join Mary Buonanno, Healthcare Chief Technology Officer at The Ergonomic Group, and Margaret Campbell, Director at HealthNET Consulting, as they share their real-world experience with Microsoft Teams during COVID-19 in a multi-facility acute care hospital environment. Join us on Wednesday, February 10th from 2-3 PM EST. Click here to register!
- Upcoming Mid-Day Cafe Webcast Schedule:
- February 8th – Andres Santamaria, Epic FHIR API Integration
- February 22nd – Bill Baer, Microsoft Search
- March 1st – Dan Holme, Community/Yammer
- March 8th – Mark Kashman, Microsoft Lists
- March 15th – Karuana Gatimu, Teams Adoption and Governance
COVID Vaccine Health Bot:
- Quick setup guide for end-to-end deployment of COVID templates
- Language support
- Built-in Analytics
- Custom telemetry
- Integrating with QnA Maker
- Follow up audience question post-event: “Do you have a bot to track side effects after taking the vaccine? Do you have analytics based on this side effects information collected by the bot?”
- Answer: While there is no “out of the box” template for this, it would be pretty straightforward to create a custom scenario to handle the reporting of side effects. Azure Communication Services cold be used to send SMS messages to people who have been vaccinated, asking or reminding them to report side effects. Custom Health Bot Telemetry could be used to surface this information through Application Insights, but most of the customers we’ve talked to are leveraging their EHR or other vaccination management solutions such as VRAS to accommodate analytics of this type.
Have questions/comments/suggestions/requests for the Mid-Day Café team? Post them to our Mailbag! Click here to access the Mid-Day Café Mailbag form.
Thanks for visiting!
Sam Brown, Microsoft Teams Technical Specialist
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.