This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
Azure Stack HCI integrates hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) technology for you to run virtualized applications on-premises in a familiar way and gain easy access to Azure services. One of the strengths of Azure Stack HCI is that the customers can use the tools they are familiar with on Azure Stack HCI such as System Center, Windows Admin Center, and PowerShell. If a customer is already using Hyper-V, they are already well versed on how to run Azure Stack HCI on the compute front. To compliment this familiarity, Azure Stack HCI is also compatible with third partner software tools. In this blog, we explore the integration of Azure Stack HCI with utility software that brings great value to Azure Stack HCI customers and provide joint solution briefs for each partner solution.
One of the critical processes to make hyperconverged clusters enterprise ready is the backup and replication process so that customers can preserve their data in case of failure. We are proud to have the leading Independent Software Vendors in this space provide support for Azure Stack HCI with Altaro Software, Commvault, Veeam and Veritas. With this choice of popular vendors, the majority of Azure Stack HCI customers will have no need to learn a new tool for their backup and recovery.
Another area where customers can benefit from further insight is in their infrastructure and application monitoring. While there are often simple monitoring tools integrated with various hyperconverged products, there is no substitute for a global unified platform that can accelerate development and reduce mean time to resolution for various fault that can be monitored on the cluster. We have worked with a leading vendor in the space, Datadog, to provide this capability for Azure Stack HCI.
Get familiar with the high-level capabilities for these partners and for more in-depth information, we have published a set of solutions briefs that you can find at Utility applications for Azure Stack HCI – Azure Stack HCI | Microsoft Docs
- Altaro VM Backup is an award-winning VM backup and replication solution for Hyper-V and VMware environments. Designed for IT departments, IT resellers and consultants, and Managed Service Providers (MSPs), the solution provides robust, streamlined, enterprise-level functionality.
- Commvault is a complete data management platform to store, protect, manage, and use data across on-premises and cloud locations.
- Datadog is a fully unified platform encompassing infrastructure monitoring, application performance monitoring, log management, user-experience monitoring, and more.
- Veeam Backup & Replication is the one solution for simple, reliable, and flexible protection of all your cloud, virtual, and physical workloads. Take the stress out of managing your data protection, ransomware prevention, and compliance challenges.
- Veritas Backup Exec is an easy-to-use backup and recovery solution that helps protect your environment’s virtual, physical, and cloud resources.
Learn more about Azure Stack HCI www.azure.com/hci
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.