This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
Well, I don’t think anyone was ready for what 2020 had in store for us! We are very proud of how our Health and Life Sciences community came together to help each other get through the year. Thank you to all of our authors, customers, and partners for your contributions and HAPPY NEW YEAR from the Microsoft HLS team!
Check out the top 10 HLS blog posts that were viewed the most in 2020 (in order):
- Return to work, Office Space Distancing – Vasu Sharma and Pradeep Bethi, Microsoft Customer Success Managers: As organizations limit the workforce permitted to be physically present at office locations, it has placed an additional burden on leaders, particularly facilities, office managers, and logistics teams. Learn how to use Shifts in Microsoft Teams to help create, update and manage schedules for your team here.
- Quick Start: Setting Up Your COVID-19 Health Bot – Nikita Pitliya, Microsoft Cloud Solution Architect and Sam Brown, Microsoft Teams Technical Specialist: Need a step-by-step guide on how to set up the health bot for inbound COVID-19 requests? We take you through the implementation of the Assessment, Metrics, and FAQ templates here.
- Virtual rounding using Microsoft Teams – Max Fritz, Microsoft Senior Program Manager: This is an open source solution to support virtual rounding with Microsoft Teams. Hospital and emergency room rounds will be conducted virtually, through a Microsoft Teams meeting between the provider and the patient, reducing risk of exposure to COVID-19 and helping to prevent the drain of personal protective equipment. Max demonstrates the solution and answers commonly asked questions here.
- Track the COVID-19 Growth Curve in Power BI – Greg Beaumont, Microsoft Senior Technical Specialist, Power Platform: Greg Beaumont built an interactive COVID-19 report using the data from Johns Hopkins University, The New York Times and the COVID Tracking Project. For this link, iframe snippet, and a video detailing ways that you can interact with the dashboard, check out his updated post.
- In response to COVID-19: How Microsoft can help with Situational Response and Crisis Communication – Shelly Avery, Microsoft Teams Senior Technical Specialist: As a response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Microsoft has many solutions available for customers, which Shelly summarizes here.
- Introducing the Medical Imaging Server for DICOM – Heather Cartwright, Microsoft GM, Healthcare NExT, Artificial Intelligence & Research: Microsoft recently released a new Open Source Software (OSS) that provides developers with a powerful tool to migrate medical imaging data to the cloud and integrate imaging metadata with clinical data in FHIR using DICOM Cast technology. Microsoft’s Heather Cartwright explains its impact on the next horizon of health data transformation in this article.
- Setting Up Bookings for virtual visits – Microsoft Teams Technical Specialists Shelly Avery, Max Fritz and Sam Brown: Interested in virtual visits but need to know how to set it up within Bookings and integrate it into Teams? Check out the step-by-step with screenshots and videos here.
- Deploy an End-to-End Azure Synapse Analytics and Power BI Solution using CMS Medicare Data – Greg Beaumont, Microsoft Senior Technical Specialist, Power Platform: In just 1-2 hours with no code required, you can deploy an end-to-end Azure Synapse and Power BI solution using 120+ million rows of real CMS Medicare Part D Data with the Azure ARM template. Check out the paint-by-numbers video tutorial and instructions here.
- Return to Workplace – Space management with Shifts (Part 2) – Vasu Sharma and Pradeep Bethi, Microsoft Customer Success Managers: As a follow up to the office space distancing article above, this details how administrators can use Shifts for space management, send daily guidance, provide topical Q&A, and use incident reporting capabilities. Details here.
- Situational Response Management, Communications, and Virtual Patient Outreach – Webcast Recording: Several Microsoft Technical Specialists review tools and solutions applicable not only for business continuity and crisis management in general, but also for the immediate needs of organizations dealing with the impact of COVID-19 today. Check out the recording.
Authors of these popular 2020 HLS blog posts:
Nikita Pitliya, Microsoft Data & AI Solution Architect
Vasu Sharma, Microsoft Customer Success Manager
Pradeep Bethi, Microsoft Director, Customer Success
Greg Beaumount, Senior Technical Specialist, Microsoft Power Platform
Michael Gannotti, Principal Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Shelly Avery, Senior Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Max Fritz, Microsoft Senior Program Manager
Heather Cartwright, GM, Microsoft Health Cloud and Data
Let us know how the Microsoft HLS team can help you in the upcoming year!
Sam Brown, Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.