This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
The first refresh release for the Azure Service Fabric managed clusters preview is now available in all supported regions (centraluseuap, eastus2euap, eastasia, northeurope, westcentralus, and eastus2).
With this release, customers can now:
- Deploy applications as an ARM resource enabling you to define all your Service Fabric resources in ARM.
- Use disk encryption on Service Fabric nodes to meet compliance requirements.
- Use Automatic OS upgrades for node types to apply OS image upgrades to nodes when available.
- Use VMSS managed identities for node operations.
- Configure NSG rules on the cluster resource enabling you to configure networking rules to meet the requirements for your scenario.
- Update the OS SKU for an existing node type without needing to add a new node type to the cluster.
To utilize the new features in this refresh, the API version for Service Fabric managed clusters must be updated to “2021-01-01-preview”. For more information, see the release notes.
Try it out
Start out with our Quickstart or head over to the Service Fabric managed clusters documentation page to get started. You can find many resources including documentation, and cluster templates. You can view the feature roadmap and provide feedback on the Service Fabric GitHub repo.
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.