This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
We are getting ready to update SQL Server Replication Management Pack. This release will bring support for older SQL Server versions (2012, 2014, 2016) into the version agnostic MP. That is, going forward just like SQL Server MP, we will have version-agnostic Replication MP that can monitor all SQL Server versions in support. This is the last MP in SQL Server MP family to move to full version-agnostic mode.
Please install and use this public preview and send us your feedback. We appreciate the time and effort you spend on these previews which make the final product so much better.
- Updated MP to support SQL Server 2012 through 2019
- Updated “Replication Agents failed on the Distributor” unit monitor to extend it for Log Reader and Queue Reader agents’ detection
- Added new property ‘DiskFreeSpace’ for “Publication Snapshot Available Space” unit monitor
- Removed “One or more of the Replication Agents are retrying on the Distributor” monitor as non-useful
- Updated display strings
- Fixed discovery issue on SQL Server 2019
- Fixed issue with the incorrect definition of ‘MachineName’ property of DB Engine in some discoveries and replication agent-state unit monitors
- Fixed issue with wrong property-bag key initialization on case-sensitive DB Engine in some unit monitors and performance rules
- Fixed issue with the critical state of “Replication Log Reader Agent State for the Distributor” and “Replication Queue Reader Agent State for Distributor” unit monitors
- Fixed wrong space calculation in “Publication Snapshot Available Space”
- Fixed duplication of securable detection for monitor “Subscriber Securables Configuration Status”
We are looking forward to your feedback.
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.