This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
We have released an update to Microsoft.Data.SqlClient, version 2.1.2. The update addresses several issues that are important to our customers.
Updates in Microsoft.Data.SqlClient 2.1.2 include:
- Fixed issue connecting with instance name from a Linux/macOS environment #874
- Fixed wrong results issues by changing the timeout timer to ensure a correct execution state #929
- Fixed a vulnerability by prohibiting DtdProcessing on XmlTextReader instances in .NET Core #885
- Fixed Kerberos authentication when an SPN does not contain the port #935
- Fixed missing error messages in Managed SNI #883
- Fixed missing System.Runtime.Caching dependency for .NET Standard assemblies #878
- Fixed event source tracing issues #941
- Fixed MARS header contains errors issue against .NET Framework 4.8.1 #928
To get the new package, add a NuGet reference to Microsoft.Data.SqlClient in your application.
For the list of changes in Microsoft.Data.SqlClient 2.1.2, you can also see the Release Notes.
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.