This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
Want to help foster growth in the Humans of IT Community? Passionate about using tech for good and giving back to the community by helping others thrive professionally?
If so, apply to be a Humans of IT Community Ambassador today! You will get the opportunity to be a key representative, contributor and driver of Tech for Good and professional development initiatives, programs, and resources within the Humans of IT community.
The goals of the program are to:
- Help cultivate community through both online community and event experiences (e.g. on Tech Community, at various Microsoft events etc)
- Share perspectives, ideas, and identify improvement opportunities within the Tech for Good space
- [For active MVPs/RDs] Share Tech for Good knowledge within the MVP/RD community, and help host Humans of IT MVP/RD bi-monthly PGI Calls
Benefits for Community Ambassadors include:
- Build your portfolio with first priority to participate at Humans of IT events, guest writing opportunities on the Humans of IT blog, and visibility as a Tech for Good leader in the community
- Gain access to speaking and mentoring opportunities
- Learn, connect and engage with other MVPs, RDs, and technologists on important tech for good topics
- Grow your own personal and professional networks to develop a meaningful career
- Receive a special Humans of IT Community Ambassador Welcome Kit as a token of our appreciation
The ideal ambassador is:
- An MVP, RD or outstanding community leader with experience in the Tech for Good and/or social impact space
- A compassionate individual who cares deeply about community and inspiring others
- A professional who believes in empathy, authenticity, and spreading kindness in tech
- An individual who has built resources and tools for community members to leverage
- An excellent public speaker and/or writer who is able to clearly share ideas
Roles and responsibilities:
The estimated time commitment for an ambassador is approximately 10-15 hours per quarter, and is for a 12-month term. Community ambassadors will have ad-hoc participation based on event calendar availability and will be required to attend quarterly check-ins with the Humans of IT team.
Ready to apply? Submit your application at https://aka.ms/communityambassador, or nominate someone awesome at https://aka.ms/nominateambassadors. Important note: Please ensure that you are a member of the Humans of IT Community before you apply. We are specifically looking for individuals who truly understand and live out the values of the Humans of IT Community.
We can’t wait to see what you will achieve in building a kinder tech industry for all!
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.