This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
Topics covered in this month’s community call include – Building multilingual Power Apps, Using Environment Variables in Canvas Apps, Using Environment Variables in Flows, Recent Power Apps News and Community Contributions and Latest on PnP Power Platform Samples Contributions. Demo Extravaganza 2021. Entries accepted now, Finalist voting starts – June 1st, Finalist voting ends – June 30th, Finals / Winner(s) to be Announced – July 21, 2021 at 08:00 PT. This session included Q&A in chat. The call was hosted by Todd Baginski (Canviz). Demo presenters included Haniel Croitoru (Protiviti), Charles Sterling (Microsoft), and Reza Dorrani (Catapult). This call was recorded on May 19, 2021. Thank for attending the call or viewing it on demand.
Building multilingual Power Apps – a high-level architecture for multilingual forms supported by one or more SharePoint lists (containing language terminology) in back-end. Multiple apps/forms can pull from same lists. Leverages native SharePoint functionality – lookups to pull data. Picks up chosen language from computer Office 365 settings, so renders on all device platforms. Uses basic SharePoint and Office 365 connectors in Power apps. Easy to update, ensures consistency across apps.
Using Environment Variables in Canvas Apps and in Power Automate Flows – create Environment Variables (to connect to SharePoint sites/data) and add them to Power Apps Solutions. Within your Canvas Apps, Flows, and Bots, select to incorporate your Environment Variables. Environment variables simplify moves from Dev to Test to Prod environments by handling environment configuration updates to Flows, Bots, and Apps. See how Environment Variables are created, added to an App and a Flow.
Recent News & Cool Stuff:
- Power Apps Demo Extravaganza 2021- aka.ms/PowerAppsDemoExtravaganza
- Importing & Exporting Power Apps With Datasource Environment Variables –aka.ms/PAvariableswalkthrough
- New Robotic Process Automation training – aka.ms/RPAinaDayPackage
- Adoption Maturity Model: Repeatable patterns for successful Power Platform adoption – aka.ms/PACATAdoption
- Enter now for Demo Extravaganza 2021 | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsDemoExtravaganza
- Spanish Bizz Summit – June 4 – 5, https://bizzsummit.es/ Contact: Eickhel Mendoza
- Join us for our next call: June 16, 2021 at 08:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/powerappscommunitycall
- Join us for our next call: May 19, 2021 at 08:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/powerappscommunitycall
- Building multilingual Power Apps – Haniel Croitoru (Protiviti) | @HCroitoru – 3:04
- Using Environment Variables in Canvas Apps – Charles Sterling (Microsoft) | @chass – 21:10
- Using Environment Variables in Flows – Reza Dorrani (Catapult) | @RezaDorrani – 28:52
- Recent Power Apps News and Community Contributions – Charles Sterling (Microsoft) | @chass – 46:28
- Latest PnP Power Platform Samples – April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam – 49:05
Referenced in this session:
- Documentation – Environment variables overview | https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/EnvironmentVariables
- Blog – Announcing data source environment variables | https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-data-source-environment-variables/
- See the full blog post for this call on the Tech Community Blog – https://aka.ms/m365pnp/community/blog
- Microsoft’s Power Platform website
- Power Apps Responsive Design – https://bit.ly/responsivepowerapps
- Power Apps Training Resources – https://aka.ms/PowerAppsTraining
- Power Apps Community – https://Community.PowerApps.com
- Power Apps Community Samples – https://aka.ms/PowerAppsCommunitySamples
- Power Apps Community Videos – https://aka.ms/PowerAppsCommunityVideos
- Power Addicts Hangout – https://wearepoweraddicts.com
- #LessCodeMorePower Video Series – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8IYfXypsj2Cr4DUqMKYkGM-Wejfim2QX
- Share more – draw attention to your great work – #PowerAppsCC
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSPowerPlat
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/microsoft365dev
- YouTube – https://aka.ms/M365DevYouTube
- Blogs – https://aka.ms/m365pnp/community/blog
- Recurrent Invite – https://aka.ms/powerappscommunitycall
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.