This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
Grouping business terms in hierarchies can help with the following:
- Organize glossary terms in hierarchies i.e., defining parent-child relationship between terms.
- Same term name can be created in different parents to contextualize them as per organization needs.
- Access control using hierarchical path will allow right set of users to manage the right glossary terms.
Figure 1: Screenshot showing hierarchical glossary in Purview.
Figure 2: Screenshot showing creation of a term as a child to another parent term.
Figure 3: Screenshot showing complete hierarchical path for a term.
Get started today:
- Get an overview of business glossary.
- Go through how-to-guides to create, import and export glossary terms, manage term templates and bulk edit assets to tag glossary terms.
- Use the tutorials document to setup glossary terms in Azure Purview
- Start a conversation on the Azure Purview tech community.
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.