This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
Have you ever wished you could easily export your Microsoft Word document into a PowerPoint presentation with just a few clicks? Now you can! We are excited to announce this feature is now available in Word and PowerPoint for the Web with your Microsoft 365 subscription, and we cannot wait for you to try it out!
Export to PowerPoint presentation enables users to export their document to a professional looking PowerPoint presentation from Word for the Web!
This feature uses artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to save you time and provide you with slide suggestions powered by Designer in PowerPoint. The slides are derived from your section headers in the document, so make sure to organize your Word document accordingly for optimal suggestions. Based on key words in your document, Designer in PowerPoint will suggest imagery, icons, videos, themes and fonts to arrange your content. You can always change the suggested content if needed.
Let’s see it in action:
How to use Export to PowerPoint presentation:
- Open any document you want to convert into a presentation in Word for the web.
- Click File > Export > Export to PowerPoint presentation.
- When prompted choose a design theme for your presentation.
- Click Open presentation to review the results in PowerPoint for the web.
- The presentation will be created and saved in the OneDrive root folder on the user’s computer.
Tips & Tricks
- This feature is currently only available in English.
- This feature is not available on the Internet Explorer and Safari browsers.
- This feature only supports text content; support for other media content is not currently available.
- You can add your own media to the presentation after you have exported your Word document to a PowerPoint presentation.
We are very excited about this new experience in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and we hope you will love it too. For further assistance with this feature, please visit our support page. Want to share your feedback? We would love to hear it! Share your feedback with us here.
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.