This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
I just had a short meeting with one of our customers and like many other customers they were looking for information about how their data in Microsoft 365 was safeguarded from a resiliency standpoint, retention standpoint, and the ability to recover the data. At the close of the session, I promised to supply the documentation links to content that addressed these three areas and since this is something frequently asked I am posting out those same resources for access by all.
Hope you find these resource links helpful!
- Architecture and Data Resiliency
- Architecture overview
- Data resiliency in Microsoft 365
- High availability and business continuity
- Service incident mitigation strategies
- Data immutability in Microsoft 365
- Service health and continuity
- Deletion and Data Retention
- SharePoint Online data deletion in Microsoft 365
- Get access to and back up a former user’s data
- Office 365 Data Subject Requests for the GDPR and CCPA
- OneDrive retention and deletion
- Learn about retention for SharePoint and OneDrive
- Data Restoration
- Restore deleted sites
- Admin Restore-SPODeletedSite
- Restore a deleted OneDrive
- End User Delete and Restore Files
- End User Restore deleted files or folders in OneDrive
- Admin Restore-PnPRecycleBinItem
- Finally, a good post from a Microsoft MVP – Does Microsoft backup my data in Office 365? Do I need more or additional backup?
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.