This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
Your feedback informs us on what you want added, improved, and enhanced in Project for the web. As you may be aware, UserVoice will be retired at the end of June 2021. We value your input and want to keep the momentum of our conversations going. Please continue to provide us your suggestions either within the app or in the comment section below.
The updates for June are as follows:
- Choice Custom Fields: Create custom fields that allow you to quickly choose from several pre-set options. To learn more about these new fields, check out our blog post here.
- Filter by Progress States: Filter your projects so you only can see your Not started, In progress or Completed tasks. Hide tasks that aren’t applicable to your work right now!
- Filter on the Board & Timeline: Quickly find your tasks by filtering your tasks on Board & Timeline by keyword or assignee.
- Import from Project desktop: Users can import .mpp files from Project desktop to Project for the web. This functionality is available to all users, and you can learn more about how to use this feature by reading our blog post here.
- Project Power BI Template App: The Project Power BI Template is now available as an app accessible from Power BI or on App Source (Microsoft Project for the Web)
- Copy link to task improvements: When you copy a link to your task, the link will be shown with the task name as the URL.
- Assign tasks to non-group members: Assign tasks to add anyone in your organization to your project automatically.
- Rollup Custom Fields: Add summary, average, max, or minimum calculations to your numeric custom fields. See the rollup value of all your subtasks in your summary task field.
Microsoft Project Trivia!
- Question: In project management, milestones often represent significant events that happen during the project process. How can you create milestones in Project for the web?
- Answer: You can create a milestone by setting your task’s duration to 0 days.
- Question: Users of Project for the web can use the Board view as a Kanban Board for work management. What language does the word Kanban originate from, and what does it mean in that language?
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.