This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
We are back with the monthly recap of the Healthcare and Life Sciences blog! Check out the great content below and let us know how we can help you in this upcoming fiscal year.
HLS “Show Me How” Posts:
- Turning on Autogenerate for a caption file and exporting from Microsoft Stream – Michael Gannotti, Principal Microsoft Teams Technical Specialist: Learn how to turn on Autogenerate for caption files in Stream, and then how to export the resulting VTT file here.
- Produce a Transcript from an MP3 file with Microsoft Stream – Michael Gannotti, Principal Microsoft Teams Technical Specialist: Watch how to take an mp3 file, quickly change its extension, upload it to Microsoft Stream, and grab the VTT transcription file and quickly clean out all extraneous data. Resource here.
- Voices of #HealthcareCloud: This is a new webinar series hosted by Shelly Avery, Microsoft Teams Technical Specialist and Vasu Sharma, Customer Success Manager for M365. The goal of this series is to showcase how Healthcare is seeing positive business and clinical outcomes with cloud technology.
- Return to Work confidently with Microsoft Health Cloud: Nikita Pitliya, Microsoft Data & AI Solution Architect presents on the Microsoft Health Bot Return to Work scenario and Pradeep Bethi, Customer Success Director, presents on how to use Microsoft Teams Shifts to find an “open shift” to schedule their time in the office that meets social distancing company guidelines.
- Empowering Nurses to Collaborate with Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare: Charles Drayton, Chief Technical Architect at Microsoft, presents his new rounding solution that was built in collaboration with nurses, empowering them to provide better clinical handoffs, round from anywhere, and coordinate care.
- CollabCasts with Sam Brown
- Azure Based PPE Hospital Forecasting: Microsoft’s Senior Cloud Solution Architect Ana Del Campo Mendizabal walked us through a scalable, affordable, microservices design using Azure that she created and implemented with her customers for PPE forecasting.
- The Future of the Medication Supply Chain: Technology’s Crucial Role: Dr. Rola Kaakeh, CEO of Salus Vitae Group, provides thought leadership regarding the future of the medication supply chain for all its stakeholders. Charles Drayton, Microsoft Technology Center’s Chief Technical Architect, shows us how Microsoft can play a critical role in improving outcomes through accurate predictions and planning.
- Advanced Reporting and Analytics for Microsoft Teams with Code Software: As so many organizations have moved to virtual work, insights into productivity levels are now a primary focus for reporting requirements. Microsoft partner Code Software has an advanced reporting and analytics tool called Clobba, which Code’s Mark Armstrong and Steven Bruno demonstrated in this webcast.
- Evolving Intranet with Withum: Microsoft Partner Withum’s Daniel Cohen-Dumani and Adam Levithan discuss three successful use cases for the evolving intranet to satisfy today’s centralized communications process for healthcare systems. The intranet is not the same as it was, but you can manage content and processes centrally and easily for employees.
- Social Sessions with Mike Gannotti
- Episode 6 – Beatriz Oliveira: The Founder and CEO of Microsoft Partner BindTuning, Beatriz Oliveira, has been a great advocate for inclusivity and accessibility in technology. Check out some of the work that BindTuning has been doing to facilitate organizations’ remote workers and improve business continuity, employee well-being and accessibility.
- Episode 7 – Jeff Willinger: Fujitsu’s Jeff Willinger is well-known in the collaboration field and has currently been working with Microsoft on Project Cortex. He and Mike discuss moving to Southern California, fitness, knowledge management, Fujitsu’s scanning solutions, and even his playing basketball with an ex US President.
- Episode 8 – Alfred Ojukwu: Microsoft’s Senior Surface Specialist Alfred Ojukwu is always helping our healthcare and life sciences customers get the devices that they need. Check out this social session to find out about how clinical, research, and education settings are using various devices for working from home.
- Virtual Events using SharePoint Spaces: Have you been looking for ways to create virtual events, conferences, employee on-boarding, facility tours, or even training? On Wednesday, July 8th, at 12 noon eastern, Microsoft’s Healthcare and Life Sciences Teams Technical Specialists Michael Gannotti and Sam Brown will introduce you to SharePoint Spaces, show you a live demonstration of a Virtual Conference, and give you the resources to get started on your own. Join us.
Industry Expert Posts:
- Confessions of Health Geeks Podcasts
- Is AI part of your diversity & inclusion plan?: Claire Bonaci interviews Tom Lawry, Microsoft’s National Director for AI in Health and Life Sciences, and author of the book, “AI in Health”. They cover ethical issues and opportunities surrounding AI and how ethical leaders can build AI models ethically and responsibly.
- The National Quality Forum releases their 2020 report on patient centered care: Microsoft’s Chief Nursing Officer Molly McCarthy talks with Dr. Kenneth Kizer, Chief Healthcare Transformation Officer with Atlas Research, and Dr. Shantanu Agrawal, CEO of the National Quality Forum. They discuss the most critical challenges in healthcare today.
- Microsoft Security Matters Newsletter – May 2020 – Jeremy Windmiller, Enterprise Security Architect: Jeremy has been providing a newsletter to customers that consolidates resources for Microsoft Security Products and Services. Check out the May newsletter.
June’s HLS Blog Contributors:
Claire Bonaci, Director, Business Development, Health and Life Sciences
Michael Gannotti, Principal Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Jeremy Windmiller, Microsoft Senior Technical Specialist, Security and Compliance
Molly McCarthy, National Director, US Health and CNO
Vasu Sharma, Microsoft Customer Success Manager
Shelly Avery, Senior Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Thanks for reading and let us know how else our Microsoft team can help!
Sam Brown, Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.