This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
Tech capability is more crucial than ever in driving productivity, innovation, and growth. As we rise to meet each new technological challenge, our continued mission is to empower you with essential skills for digital transformation today and the future. At Microsoft Ignite, you’ll have the opportunity to learn, connect, and explore new tech. Register and join us today for a two-day digital experience and learn about our new training and certification announcements, along with engaging opportunities at the event’s Learning Zone.
Our commitment to closing the security skills gap
With complex cyberattacks increasing and more employees working remotely, the need for cybersecurity professionals is growing by the day. With the struggle to fill security skills gap, there’s an estimated global shortage of 3.5 million security professionals. To help close this gap, we’re dedicated to getting you up to speed on Microsoft security, compliance, and identity solutions with training and certifications on Microsoft Learn. And wherever you are with your learning journey, expand your knowledge and validate your skills with four new certifications:
- Microsoft Certified: Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals. Validate your foundational understanding of security, compliance, and identity across cloud-based and related Microsoft services.
- Microsoft Certified: Information Protection Administrator Associate. Prove your expertise in planning and implementing controls to meet organizational compliance needs.
- Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate. Certify your knowledge of core identity governance principles and your ability to ensure a proper identity lifecycle.
- Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate. Validate your skills in threat mitigation using Microsoft security, compliance, and identity solutions, in addition to performing proactive threat-hunting activities.
In addition, find relevant content based on your needs in the Microsoft Security Technical Content Library, and sign up for Microsoft Virtual Training Days – free in-depth virtual training events available in multiple languages and time zones. Learn more about these additional resources to help you expand your knowledge and skills on security and compliance solutions.
New Windows Virtual Desktop specialty certification
Over the past year, we’ve witnessed a worldwide surge in the remote work economy, and organizations around the globe are looking for reliable productivity tools for their remote workers. Along with the burgeoning growth of remote work comes the urgent need and great demand for administrators with subject matter expertise in planning, delivering, and managing virtual desktop experiences and remote apps—for any device—on Azure. That’s why we’re excited to announce the release of a new certification to help validate those skills. Get ready for the upcoming Microsoft Certified: Windows Virtual Desktop Specialty certification, available at the end of March.
Certification renewal features are now available on Microsoft Learn
In December 2020, we shared our new approach to renewing role-based and specialty certifications for free on Microsoft Learn. We’re happy to announce that this feature is now available for 19 certifications, with more following shortly. If you have a certification that expires within six months, you can take a certification renewal assessment online—at no cost and on your schedule—and extend your certification for an additional year. Learn more about renewing your Microsoft Certification .
Get in the zone at Microsoft Ignite
Whether you’re new to the industry or a seasoned professional, you’ll find the perfect way to expand your digital toolkit in the Learning Zone at Microsoft Ignite. We’ve designed Learning Zone experiences for every learning style and skill level:
- Cloud Skills Challenge. Self-starters will enjoy diving into this challenge, where you can learn and earn a free certification exam to help you validate your skills.
- Learn LIVE. If hands-on learning is your preferred style, tap into these self-paced modules while you’re guided by subject matter experts.
- Intro to Tech Skills. If you’re just getting started in a tech career or looking to make your next move in tech, you’ll feel right at home in these sessions. Build new skills using Microsoft technologies and get started on your chosen path to success.
- Ask the Experts. During these Q&A sessions, pick our experts’ brains about your specialty or role and their accompanying Microsoft Certifications.
- Learn at Ignite. Continue learning with us after the event. Find your way to deeper content, training options, communities, and certification details across Microsoft cloud solutions from one place.
Now that you’ve learned about what we have in store for you, what are you waiting for? Register for Microsoft Ignite and join us today at the Learning Zone so you can build your journey to having greater tech confidence.
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.