This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
It’s an iterative process, as cloud estate changes over time, so do cloud governance processes and policies. Cloud Governance spans across the five disciplines:
- Cost Management – Evaluate & Monitor costs, limit IT spend, scale to meet need, create cost accountability
- Security Baseline – Ensure compliance with IT Security requirements by applying a security baseline to all adoption efforts
- Resource Consistency- Ensure consistency in resource configuration. Ensure practices for onboarding, recovery, and discoverability
- Identity Baseline – Ensure the baseline for identity and access are enforces by consistently applying role definitions and assignments
- Deployment Acceleration – Accelerate deployment through centralization, consistency, and standardization across deployment templates
Following systematic approach can help you putting together initial governance foundation:
- Methodology: This helps establishing a basic understanding of the methodology to drive cloud governance in the Cloud Adoption Framework to begin thinking through the end state solution.
- Benchmark: Evaluation and assessment of your AS-IS and TO-BE state to establish a vision for applying the framework.
- Governance MVP: Provides initial foundation to your governance journey with a small, easily implemented set of governance tools.
- Extend and Improvise your Governance MVP: Iteratively enhance your Governance MVP by adding governance controls to address tangible risks as you progress toward the end state.
Reference – https://aka.ms/CAF/Gov
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.