This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
- Move resources from a resource group to another region
- Filter pills update
- Updates to Microsoft Intune
Let’s look at each of these updates in greater detail.
Move resources from a resource group to another region
You can now navigate to a resource group and start the journey to move resources to another region. You will then be guided to the Azure resource Mover hub upon clicking a notification, where you can add missing dependencies, customize destination properties and track the progress of your moves. The experience also provides the ability for you to test the move by using the ‘discard’ option.
- In the Azure portal, open the relevant resource group.
- In the resource group page, select the resources that you want to move.
- Select Move > Move to another region.
- In Source + destination, select the target region to which you want to move the resources. Then select Next.
- In Resources to move, select Next.
- In Select resources, select resource you want to move. You can only add resources supported for move. Then select Done.
- In Move resources, select Next at the bottom of the screen.
- In Review + Add, check the source and target details.
- Select Proceed to begin adding the resources.
Filter pills update
To bring consistency to the filtering experience while also making it fully accessible and WCAG 2.1 compliant, we have enhanced the filter pills to now open dialogs. This new experience provides a consistent, intuitive approach for filtering as well as accessibility for all our users.
- Navigate to “All resources” and select “Location” filter
- Set “Operator” as “Contains” and Value as “US”, then select “Apply”
- The table is now updated to reflect the new filter (only locations with US in the name)
Updates to Microsoft Intune
The Microsoft Intune team has been hard at work on updates as well. You can find the full list of updates to Intune on the What’s new in Microsoft Intune page, including changes that affect your experience using Intune.
Azure portal “how to” video series
Have you checked out our Azure portal “how to” video series yet? The videos highlight specific aspects of the portal so you can be more efficient and productive while deploying your cloud workloads from the portal. Check out our most recently published video:
The Azure portal has a large team of engineers that wants to hear from you, so please keep providing us your feedback in the comments section below or on Twitter @AzurePortal.
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.