This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
- VM Deployment Guided Troubleshooter, now available for Public Preview
- Updates to Microsoft Intune
VM Deployment Guided Troubleshooter, now available for Public Preview
There is now a VM Deployment Guided Troubleshooter, which features an interactive way of diagnosing users’ technical issues on Azure Portal Diagnose and Solve. The new solution will allow users to follow steps of running diagnostics and providing inputs to questions, before getting a personalized solution specific to their issue. Since it is in Public Preview and still being enhanced, the guided troubleshooter will cover the most common virtual machine (VM) deployment problems, which involves troubleshooting a specific deployment failure, and providing region and size guidance on VM creation and resizing. The feature is currently available to 50% of all Azure portal users.
- Login to the Azure portal
- Click on “Virtual Machines” or type in the search box for the VM name
- It will bring up a list of VM machines à select the VM you want to run an analysis of deployment issues.
Note: Even if the VM is not on the list (or has not been created yet) you can still troubleshoot deployment issues from a different VM.
- After you select the VM you want to analysis you will see the screen below:
- Navigate to “Diagnose and solve problems” in the left-hand navigation à select a common problem related to VM Deployment (any of the options highlighted in yellow)
- If you had selected one of the options in yellow above, you will see a screen that looks like the below for all 3 options à select one of the options for “Tell use more about the problem you are experiencing” à then click on “Continue” to start troubleshooting.
- Follow through the guided troubleshooter steps by answering questions and learning about the checks we run during each step
- View the troubleshooting results and follow the guidance or mitigation steps to solve your issue.
Updates to Microsoft Intune
The Microsoft Intune team has been hard at work on updates as well. You can find the full list of updates to Intune on the What’s new in Microsoft Intune page, including changes that affect your experience using Intune.
Azure portal “how to” video series
Have you checked out our Azure portal “how to” video series yet? The videos highlight specific aspects of the portal so you can be more efficient and productive while deploying your cloud workloads from the portal. Check out our most recently published videos now.
The Azure portal has a large team of engineers that wants to hear from you, so please keep providing us your feedback in the comments section below or on Twitter @AzurePortal.
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.