This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
Today, I am excited to share the release of a new Microsoft Learn path to help you deploy updates faster and support your remote workforce.
In response to your feedback, we have been working to consolidate and update the guidance we offer to support your journey with Windows as a service. First, we redesigned the Windows 10 deployment documentation on Docs to align to a prescriptive, process-based model for both deployment and update management that takes place across three phases: plan, prepare, and deploy. To complement this three-phased approach, today we are also introducing a step-by-step learning path to help you plan for, prepare for, and deploy updates across your organization. Designed for IT professionals, but also helpful for business and technical decision makers responsible for their organization’s Windows 10 environments, each learning module offers an effective plan to help you keep your devices current, productive, and more secure.
In module 1, Plan to deploy updates for Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 Apps, you will learn how you can use the Windows servicing process to help your organization implement a plan to stay current with the latest Windows 10 feature and quality updates, including:
- Reviewing the benefits of staying current
- Assessing the applications in your organization
- Identifying the roles and responsibilities for your organization
- Planning for application functionality and compatibility
- Planning for infrastructure and configuration
- Modernizing your production environment
In module 2, Prepare to deploy updates for Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 Apps, the focus is on:
- Validating critical applications
- Implementing changes to reduce time or effort for feature updates
- Update supporting infrastructure
- Selecting devices for pilot deployment
- Review and update configuration to support new features
- Moving to deployment
In the final module, Deploy updates for Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 Apps, you will learn to deploy the latest updates, including:
- Implementing a pilot deployment
- Implementing a broad deployment
- Outlining the deployment experience for end users and other stakeholders
- Accelerating deployment velocity
- Improving the process
We encourage everyone who is looking to understand the overall Windows 10 servicing process better, as well as those responsible for the servicing processes within their organizations, to take advantage of these valuable learning sessions. We look forward to your feedback and comments below!
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.