This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
It’s the perfect time to visit the Microsoft 365 tenant – script samples gallery (123 scenarios and 168 scripts) today. Sign up and attend an AMA and other events in January-February hosted by Sharing is Caring. At the same time, sign up for the PnP Recognition Program. PnP project version releases this week include – PnP .NET Libraries – PnP Framework v1.8.0 GA, PnP Core SDK v1.5.0 GA, PnP PowerShell v1.9.0 GA and Yo teams – yoteams-build-core Next: v1.6.0-next.1. To see current releases and latest updates/nightly builds, access the Repos via the links in table below. 8 new/updated script samples, 1 Microsoft Teams sample and 5 Power Apps samples were delivered this week!
Open-source project status: (Bold indicates new this call)
|PnP .NET Libraries – PnP Framework||v1.8.0 GA with .NET 6.0 support added|
|PnP .NET Libraries – PnP Core SDK||v1.5.0 GA with .NET 6.0 support added|
|PnP PowerShell||v1.9.0 GA||In progress: V2 POC, Prepping for v1.8, nightly releases|
|Yo teams – generator-teams||v3.5.0 GA||v4.0.0-next|
|Yo teams – yoteams-build-core||v1.5.0 GA, Next: v1.6.0-next.1|
|Yo teams – yoteams-deploy||v1.1.0 GA|
|Yo teams – msteams-react-base-component||v3.1.1|
|Microsoft Graph Toolkit (MGT)||v2.3.1 GA||Preparing v2.3.1 release, working on v3.0.0 – Aligning all Toolkit components to Fluent UI Web Components|
* Note: While version releases are periodic, nightly releases are nightly! Subscribe to nightly releases for the latest capabilities.
The host of this call was David Warner II (Catapult Systems) | @DavidWarnerII. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
- Opt into PnP Recognition Program | https://aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Join us at the next Microsoft 365 platform call 28th of December @ 8 AM PT, Social gathering for coffee/tea or your chosen drink. Got questions? – Join and let’s have a chat.
- Provide feedback to project teams or roll up your sleeves and join a project team.
- Holiday Break Challenge!!! Choose and update an SPFx sample v1.7, v1.8, v1.9 and earn a special Credly badge.
- Create a sample, i.e., for Teams visit https://aka.ms/teams-sample-wishlist
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- Ask me anything (AMA) PnP Search – Tuesday, January 11th, 9am PST
- First Time Contributor Session – Tuesday, January 25th, 2pm PST
- Community Docs Session – 2022 Sessions Coming Soon
- Power Platform Samples – First Time Contributor – Tuesday, January 18th, 1pm PST
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – Tuesday, February 8th, 2pm PST
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – Wednesday, January 26th, 7am PST
- First Time Presenter – Wednesday, February 9th, 9am PST
- More than Code with VSCode – Tuesday, February 15th, 2pm PST
- Maturity Model Practitioners – Tuesday, January 18th, 7am PST (every 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT)
- Getting Started with Viva Connection ACEs (2-part session) – February 202
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – http://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Microsoft Teams Development Samples: (https://aka.ms/TeamsSampleBrowser)
Microsoft Power Platform Samples: (https://aka.ms/powerplatform-samples)
- COVID Vaccine Survey PowerApp – Siddharth Vaghasia | @siddh_me & Mayuresh Joshi
- New Employee Tip of the Day Flow – Adam Wójcik | @Adam25858782
- Icon Button Component – Pavel Kovalevskij
- Refresh Microsoft Graph Data in Power BI – Scott McKenzie | @365EDUBI
- JSON Object to Power Fx Table Function – Bartolome Sorrentino | @bsorrentinoJ
Script Samples: (https://aka.ms/script-samples)
5 new and 3 updated scenario samples contributed by
- Adam Wójcik | @Adam25858782
- Chandani Prajapati | @Chandani_SPD
- Pete Skelly | @pskelly
- Siddharth Vaghasia | @siddh_me
- Kasper Bo Larsen | @kasperbolarsen
- Paul Bullock | @pkbullock
– Many thanks!
Together here during the holiday’s because – why not? Great seeing everyone today. Happy holidays and new year to you and family.
Demos delivered in this session
Teams Meetings Apps: Emoji feedback with bot and Adaptive Card universal action model – enables meeting participants to provide feedback at the end of the meeting using a simple emoji. Action is triggered by end of meeting event in Activity Handler. The bot sends an adaptive card to the meeting’s chat with 5 emoji buttons requesting feedback. Once voted, voters see current sentiment of all voters. Uses adaptive card universal action model (UAM).
Introduction to Microsoft 365 Universal Sample Gallery – opens with a cleaver Night Before Christmas story of expectations, deadlines, and miracles. A wish granted – a single curated access point for samples from GitHub Repos encompassing the Microsoft 365 suite of products. Samples are vetted, metadata tagged/refinable by product, technology, author, compatibility…, include supporting documents, author profile, and demo video, if exist. Site is launched, instruction on how to request and/or deliver samples.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos. Request a Demo spot on the call https://aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
Topics covered in this call
- PnP .NET library updates – Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys.com) | @paolopia – 6:08
- PnP PowerShell updates – Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys.com) | @paolopia – 7:46
- yo Teams updates – David Warner II (Catapult Systems) | @DavidWarnerII – 8:40
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit updates – David Warner II (Catapult Systems) | @DavidWarnerII – 9:14
- Microsoft Script Samples – Paul Bullock (CaPa Creative Ltd) | @pkbullock – 2:22
- Microsoft Teams Samples – Bob German (Microsoft) | @Bob1German – 9:55
- Microsoft Power Platform Samples – April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam – 11:22
- Demo 1: Teams Meetings Apps: Emoji feedback with bot and Adaptive Card universal action model – Markus Möller (Avanade) | @Moeller2_0 – 13:36
- Demo 2: Introduction to Microsoft 365 Universal Sample Gallery – Hugo Bernier | @bernierh & Bob German | @Bob1German – 25:09
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- D1: Article – Meeting feedback with Microsoft Teams Meeting App
- D1: Sample – bot meeting lifecycle feedback – Microsoft Teams App
- D1: Documentation – Prerequisites for apps in Teams meetings
- D2: Website – Drive value with Microsoft 365 adoption tools
- D2: Samples – Sample Solution Gallery
- D2: Issues – Issue: 🧪 Sample request
- PnP Weekly – Episode 147 (December 13th) with Munich, Germany-based consultant and MVP, Markus Möller (Avanade) | @Moeller2_0 | video | podcast
- Samples – Power Platform Samples | aka.ms/powerplatform-samples
- Microsoft 365 tenant – Script Samples Gallery | aka.ms/script-samples
- Microsoft Teams Samples Gallery | aka.ms/teams-samples
- Microsoft 365 Extensibility look book gallery | aka.ms/m365/extensibility
- Archives – Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly – Videos, Podcasts
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2.2 | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | http://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video – Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- Microsoft 365 platform call – December 28th at 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- SharePoint Framework call – December 30th at 7:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- M365 General Dev call – January 6th at 7:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Office add-in monthly call – January 12th at 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – January 13th at 9:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Power Apps monthly call – January 19th at 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- Microsoft Identity Platform call – January 20th at 9:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
General Microsoft 365 Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted at anyone who’s interested in the general Microsoft 365 development topics. This includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft – 24th of December 2021
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.