This article is contributed. See the original author and article here.
In recent years, Azure Stack Hub has led the way for Microsoft’s Hybrid cloud offerings and partners have joined us to enhance the hybrid cloud journey of our customers. These partners and customers have built solutions that leverage Azure Stack Hub as part of their hybrid cloud strategy.
In some cases, these are actual products that work in hybrid environments and take advantage of the consistency offered by Azure Stack Hub, for the parts of the solution that “need to be on-premises”. In others, we’ve seen Service Providers that offer fully managed solutions to their customers – which essentially look just like a SaaS application they can consume directly, without worrying about all the parts of the solution that need to work together. Usually these range between:
- Service Providers
- They typically are Cloud Solution Providers (CSP), Managed Service Providers (MSP), or a System Integrator (SI) – some Service Providers are part of the Preferred and Advanced partners
- Either hosting an Azure Stack Hub, or a managing one on behalf of the end customer
- Partnering with ISVs, or building their own internal applications that are intended for their customers
- Enterprise customers
- Usually the larger companies that have certain requirements (regulatory, compliance, security, etc) for running Azure services on-premises
- Typically, they have an Azure presence and look to keep a consistent operational approach for their on-premises workloads
- Although they are internal to the company, they have their own internal-customers from other departments
- They need to provide value for their internal-customers and help them answer certain requirements
All of these partners create value for their customers, either internal or external to their company, by leveraging Azure Stack Hub as a platform and as part of the overall solution.
Today, we are starting a journey to explore the ways our customers and partners use, deploy, manage, and build solutions on the Azure Stack Hub platform.
Join Thomas Maurer (@ThomasMaurer) and myself (@rctibi) in this series, as we will meet customers that are deploying Azure Stack Hub for their own internal departments, partners that run managed services on behalf of their customers, and a wide range of in-between as we look at how our various partners are using Azure Stack Hub to bring the power of the cloud on-premises.
We are starting this journey with three videos:
- The introduction of the Azure Stack Hub Partner Solutions Series
- Our first episode introduces Eversource Energy – that built a hybrid solution across Azure and Azure Stack Hub, creating a consistent operational model and simplifying the deployment of workloads.
- The second episode follows the journey of knowledgepark, akquinet, and BordonaroIT – partners that have built a SaaS-like service that is consumed by over 200 healthcare clients across their region
Through the month of August, we have quite a few partner videos following and we will update this thread, as well as announce them on our Twitter feeds (#AzStackPartners) – follow us in this journey as we explore the partner solutions built on Azure Stack Hub!
Brought to you by Dr. Ware, Microsoft Office 365 Silver Partner, Charleston SC.